As the weather gets colder people often look for nice warm hearty meals to fill them and warm them. Pasta does both and does so wonderfully. There is only one problem. Making a pasta meal can often involve using a whole kitchen’s worth of dishes. And once you are full of pasta you just want to sit down and rest, not get up and clean a sink full of dishes. What would you say if I told you there were easy pasta recipes that would take a single cooking vessel to make? I’ve compiled 5 of them for your enjoyment.
1) One Pan Enchilada Pasta – Right out the gate we’ll go with a head scratcher. When you think of pasta the first thing that may come to mind is….Mexican right? No? You still need to try this hearty meal. It is simple to make and takes just one pot to clean at the end of the night. Plus it is a good excuse to change things up and have something different. http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2013/12/09/one-pan-enchilada-pasta/
2) One Pot Pasta – So simple you don’t even need a fancy name. This is just your basic pasta dish. But what is the highlight of this is that you toss everything in the pot together. In a mere 10 minutes you go from a pot of ingredients to a meal, hot and ready to fill you up. The only addition that you may need is to pour yourself a glass of wine. http://www.lottieanddoof.com/2013/06/one-pan-pasta/
3) Spicy Chicken Riggies – A bit of a change from your standard pasta… change out those meatballs for some tasty chicken and then take it to the spicy side of life. And there is no taking things out to set aside, you just keep adding things in at the correct time. http://hostthetoast.com/one-pot-spicy-chicken-riggies/
4) Chili Mac and Cheese – Mac and cheese is simple enough and can be made in a single pot, but ever try serving it on a date night? Unless your date really likes mac and cheese you’ll probably hear how it is a child’s food. Why not make an upgrade to a more adult side of mac and cheese, all while keeping it in a single pot. http://damndelicious.net/2014/03/15/one-pot-chili-mac-cheese/
5) Thai Pasta – While we are taking a one pot world tour, why not head to Asia. This dish is nearly effortless and will be one that you will want to keep in heavy rotation for your meals. And with just a single pot to clean at the end of the night, you might even volunteer to do the dishes once in a while. http://www.produceonparade.com/effortless-thai-pasta/